Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Starting a blog

A few months ago I decided to start a blog when I was working on an essay for graduate school. The constraints of academic writing were suffocating me and I wanted to find to enjoy writing again. I realized that if I started a blog I could write for fun and I would also have an excuse to dig up some of my old work and edit it.

I plan to write about horse racing and share some of my thoughts about the past, present, and future of the sport and reflect upon my own time in the industry. The content is going to be introspective and many of the posts will relate to Northern California racing, although some of my posts will be larger in scope. I realize I will be writing about niche topics within a niche topic and therefore my potential audience is small, but that’s OK. This is just a small vanity project that I am taking up in my spare time.

Thank you to everybody who read my first post, especially those who provided positive feedback and encouragement!


No comments:

Post a Comment